Twin Waters wedding
One of the best things about being a wedding photographer (apart from meeting awesome people) is the travelling. I love the opportunity to travel up the coast or to the country. So I was super excited when Megan and Musin booked me for their fabulous Twin Waters wedding.
In typical Queensland style, the weather was glorious. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, gorgeous blue skies and the sun was shining.
Thank you Megan and Musin for choosing me to photograph your beautiful wedding on the Sunshine Coast.
Here’s a little of their story and some excellent tips for planning your wedding 🙂
How did you meet?
We both met at work. So, yes we are a work relationship that worked out (thank you Officeworks).
Any funny stories about that meeting?
Our first conversation began with us both insulting each other, which turned out to be the beginning of many conversations. We were fortunate enough that our sense of humour and interests were the same (we had insulted each other with lord of the rings references).
Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged on top of saddle back mountain near Kiama south.
How long have you been together?
At the time of our wedding we’d been together for 2 and a half years.
Why did you choose Alison Cooke Photography to photograph your Twin Waters wedding?
We chose Alison, because she had a great personality and her style of photography, ideas and creative perspective were what we were after.
What was the one thing you just had to have for your wedding day?
We had to have GOLF CARTS!! They’re the bomb!
What things about your wedding made it so amazing?
- Family and friends
- Great venue
- Personal touches
- Paige boy
- GOLF CARTS!!
How did you go about planning your wedding & did you have any help?
- We had help from the bridal party and family members
- Help from great suppliers!
- Make lists/ plans
- Keep a diary and notes! Otherwise you will forget
- If you leave it for later, you will not do them
What tips or ideas would you pass onto future brides?
- Don’t let your inner bridezilla out at all cost!
- Don’t stress
- Be happy
- Things will not go according to plan so just go with it and laugh later on, since those moments will be your best memories for the day.
If a destination wedding, what would be your advice to other couples?
- Provide plenty of time for guests to arrange their journeys
- Emails and text messages are your friends
- Present with as many pictures and photographs to your suppliers, as they cannot have too much information!
What was something unique about your wedding?
- Custom bonbonnieres, supplied by Matron of honour
- Lucky wedding red pocket envelopes
- Ninja vows (courtesy of Lynette Maguire)
Do you have any useful advice for future wedding guests?
- Plan early, but plan carefully
- Visit as many wedding expos as possible
- Have fun along the way
- Don’t forget that the day is actually meant to be about you and your special partner
Did you honeymoon, where and for how long?
Yes, but No. We had decided to stay up at the Sunshine Coast for the rest of the week as an unofficial honeymoon. Because after planning a wedding we decided we both could use the break.
Vendor Shout Out
Photographer: Alison Cooke Photography
Ceremony and Reception Venue: Twin Waters Golf Club
Hair and Makeup: Natalie A
Cake: Cloud nine
Flowers: Cloud nine
Décor: Cloud nine
Wedding Planner: Rebecca Whitaker
Entertainment: Unique Dj’s
Celebrant: Lynette Maguire
About Twin Waters
Twin Waters Golf Club is an ideal venue for those wanting a wedding venue with the lot! Located in the Sunshine Coast, just a one hour drive from Brisbane, it offers luxurious grounds, accommodation, a reception venue and its own wedding planner. Planning your wedding has never been easier!
Alison is a Brisbane based wedding photographer with over 22 years’ experience in the wedding industry. Alison Cooke Photography was voted one of the top 10 wedding photographers in Brisbane by the Courier Mail and one of the top 30 wedding photographers by The Wedding Diaries. She is also an experienced portrait and newborn photographer and an award-winning member of the AIPP. Alison has over 22 years’ experience in the wedding, family and newborn portrait industry so if you’re looking for a Twin Waters wedding photographer, get in touch here.