My name is Alison.
Once upon a time...
I fell in love with Photography.
It all began when I was 17 years old and landed a job in a photography lab. There was something about the smell of the chemicals and bringing photos to life from a small 35mm piece of film that fascinated me.
The ability to freeze a moment in time forever…well, it seemed almost magical to me.
I wanted to capture precious moments and document milestones! So I started studying photography and bought my first film camera.
My pride and joy was a second-hand Pentax K1000 I bought for the princely sum of $150. I thought it was the most amazing thing I’d ever owned.
And so my love affair began …
The early days…
In my early 20’s I worked in various photo labs, my favourite being a professional lab in Brisbane where I would spend my days scrutinising other professional photographers work. I was 23 years old when I decided to turn my love of photography into a part-time gig.
Well, that was the plan. However two decades later and hundreds of weddings later, photography is an all consuming passion of mine.
After 600+ weddings you’d think I’d be cured of my obsession but I’m not!
I still love photographing weddings, people, families and newborns. To document the most important moments in people’s lives is both a thrill and a privilege.
- I LOVE storytelling. In fact, I have a Degree in Communications with majors in journalism and public relations.
- DOG CRAZY! Yes, I’m completely mad about dogs and love staffies. They’re equally crazy and fit right into my often crazy household.
- I’m a red wine lover and I dream of owning a vineyard where I can own lots of dogs and photograph people in my own fabulous backyard.
- I LOVE singing. Really loudly and very badly.
- I also LOVE dancing around my kitchen while cooking. My dancing isn’t great but my cooking usually is!
- I’m a bit of a fitness fanatic and love running and working out.
- I LOVE travelling! Overseas or Australia it doesn’t matter where. The world is one big adventure.
- I’m a renowned party girl.
- Family is everything.
Famous Quote: “If you haven’t experienced the love of a dog, have you ever really been loved at all?”
Superpowers: I immortalise people. Can make wine disappear. And I made 2 pretty awesome humans.
Famous last words: “I’ll just have one more glass”